This course is a short course that enables the learner to gain the necessary skills to embark on a career in the aged care and home care sector. This course is suitable for those who wish to have all the skills for nursing assistance but no need for a formal nationally accredited qualification.
Since this is a non-accredited locally designed course by Advance College, learners will not get a credit transfer for the formal qualification. The recognition of this course certificate will depend upon the individual aged care and home care facilities, who can hire without any accredited courses.
Course Fee and Payment Mode
The course fee is AUD 750.00. The course fee can be paid in up to two installments.
The course duration is two months. Those who fail to complete the course within two months will be allowed to extend another 15 days for free and another 15 days by paying a $100.00 extra charge. There will not be any chance to continue the course after 3 months from the enrolment date.
Refund and Cancellations
No refund is applicable once the student attends any classes. If the student did not attend any classes and requested the refund within a week of enrolment, $200.00 will be deducted as a part of administrative expenses.
Requirements for Completion
- Attended four sessions: First aid with CPR and basic life support, Manual handling and infection control, simulation and role play, and placement orientation.
- Completed the Student Assessment Booklet: A single booklet will be provided to cover the basic knowledge, assess the practicals, and record the assessment outcomes.
- Completed 120 hours of voluntary work placement arranged by Advance College.
Credentials to Receive
- Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for three units: ‘HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’, ‘HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support’ and ‘HLTAID011 Provide First Aid’
- Manual handling and infection control certificate
- AIN certificate.
- 120 hours voluntary placement completion information will be made available