All notifications of cancellations must be received in writing via the Advance College email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a refund of the course fees is required, notification of this should be included within the cancellation email so that a refund request form can be sent.
If Advance College Cancels the course
- Students will be eligible for a full refund if Advance College cancels the course
- Student will not be required to request the refund; Advance College will process the refund automatically after receiving students bank account details
- If the student is withdrawn from a course by Advance College due to inappropriate behaviour, they will not be entitled to a refund. These withdrawals must be done within the guidelines as outlined in the Student Conduct Policy
Course Cancellation (prior to the start of a course)
- If the course is cancelled more than 7 days before the nominated start date, the student will receive a refund minus $100 enrolment fee.
- If the student cancels their course within seven 7 days of the course commencing, then they will be given a full refund, minus a $100 enrolment fee and a $150 cancellation fee.
Course Cancellation (after the start of a course)
- If the student cancels after the commencement of they will not be entitled to a full refund.
- Refunds will be calculated based on the scheduled class timetable and the number of units that the student should have commenced at the time of cancellation.
- Refund amount will also be minus $100 enrolment fee and $150 cancellation fee.
Advance College does not accept responsibility for changes to a student’s work commitments or personal circumstances. The following situations are not considered special circumstances
- Change in work hours
- Inconvenience of travel or travel issues
- Family commitments
Advance College will consider refunds for special circumstances in the following situations
- Serious misadventure
- Serious Illness
- Serious Illness of an immediate family member
For students to be considered for a refund for special circumstances, the student will be required to provide evidence of the special circumstances occurring.
- Students must complete the course within the due date. Students who are unable to complete the course within the due date may seek a 3-month extension per application, with a maximum of four applications allowed. The course extension fee is $100.00 per application for the first two extensions and $200.00 per application for the rest two extensions.
- The request for the extension should be made before the expiry of the enrolment. If the student has not approached for the extension before the due date, the enrolled course will be automatically cancelled after the due date. The college will not be responsible for enrolment or any refund. The student must re-enroll with a full course fee if they want to continue the course.
Course Commencement dates
- Commencement date for a blended mode (Sydney-based) learning is the date ‘course offer intake’ is started. The student mentions the commencement date in the enrolment form, or during the online application.
- For the distance, the commencement of the courses is the date the student enrolled in the course, or the date mentioned by the student in the enrolment form when they apply.
- Commencement for online students is the date that online access is provided to an individual student for a particular course.
- Commencement date for a classroom-based learning mode is the first day of the course.
- Student must nominate the start date of the course in the enrolment form.