All notifications of cancellations must be received in writing via the Advance College email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a refund of the course fees is required, notification of this should be included within the cancellation email so that a refund request form can be sent.
If Advance College Cancels the course
- Students will be eligible for a full refund if Advance College cancels the course
- Student will not be required to request the refund; Advance College will process the refund automatically after receiving students bank account details
- If the student is withdrawn from a course by Advance College due to inappropriate behaviour, they will not be entitled to a refund. These withdrawals must be done within the guidelines as outlined in the Student Conduct Policy
Course Cancellation (prior to start of course)
- If the course is cancelled more than 7 days before the nominated start date, the student will receive a refund minus $100 enrolment fee.
- If the student cancels their course within seven 7 days of the course commencing, then they will be given a full refund, minus a $100 enrolment fee and a $150 cancellation fee.
Course Cancellation (after the start of a course)
- If the student cancels after the commencement of they will not be entitled to a full refund.
- Refunds will be calculated based on the scheduled class timetable and the number of units that the student should have commenced at the time of cancellation.
- Refund amount will also be minus $100 enrolment fee and $150 cancellation fee.
Advance College does not accept responsibility for changes to a student’s work commitments or personal circumstances. The following situations are not considered special circumstances
- Change in work hours
- Inconvenience of travel or travel issues
- Family commitments
Advance College will consider refunds for special circumstances in the following situations
- Serious misadventure
- Serious Illness
- Serious Illness of an immediate family member
For students to be considered for a refund for special circumstances, the student will be required to provide evidence of the special circumstances occurring.
Students unable to complete the course within the due date may seek a 3-month extension. The course extension fee is $100 per 3-month extension. The request for the extension must be made before the expiry of the enrollment.